Currently, I am working on the following lines of research with some papers in different stages of progress.
Globalization and the financial crisis
- Daring to Fail: When Bad Economic Management can be Electorally Rewarding (with Elias Dinas, Nikitas Konstantinidis, and Stefanie Walter).
- Keeping the euro at any cost? Explaining preferences for euro membership in Greece (with Elias Dinas, Nikitas Konstantinidis, and Stefanie Walter).
- Globalization and Satisfaction with Democracy.
Political geography and nationalization of politics
- Who Gets the Pork? The Political Geography of Distributive Benefits.
- One or Two Arenas?: Party Competition and Electoral Externalities in Decentralized Parliamentary Democracies (with Francesc Amat and Sandra León).
- Do Majority Governments Lead to Lower Fiscal Deficits? A Regression-Discontinuity Approach (with Joaquín Artés). Invited to R&R. Paper awarded with the Alexandre Pedrós Prize to best paper in the XXI Spanish Public Economics Meeting, 2014.
- Pre-election Volatility of Voting Preferences: Evidence from Spain (with Enrique García-Viñuela and Pedro Riera). Invited to R&R.